Latest Changes

2022-08-12T00:05:00.247Z

August 2022

  • Removed sentry. It was useful, but not really necessary, and it felt a bit invasive. I've decided to just write code without errors instead.
  • Fixed my steam profile image. They'd changed the CDN domain.
  • Fixed issues with my diablo and 12in12 integrations.
  • Tidying up my code for loading/typing my articles, projects and pages.
  • Started using the frontmatter VS Code plugin for editing content. It seems pretty cool so far.
  • Removed some dependencies I wasn't using.

July 2022

  • Articles now show the last time they were updated, based on the git history.
  • Can now view a separate list of my draft articles.
  • Added my current spotify track to the footer.

June 2022

  • Some vague performance improvements and error handling.

April 2022

  • Added some indieweb support.
  • Restyled a lot of older components to match the newer blockier style I'm going for.
  • Finally fixed the issue with the palette in my tailwind article.
  • Fixed an issue where Blizzard's Diablo API being down stopped my site building.
  • Started building a dumb clicker game to pass the time.

March 2022

  • Added my Living Pokedex, complete with some basic filtering.
  • Replaced my layout with a new grid based one, which makes it easier to handle full bleed content.

February 2022

  • Finally got round to adding a mobile menu so that I can have more than 3 items in the menu.
  • Added a Links page with my latest pinboard links.
  • Added a page that shows my Diablo 3 characters using the Blizzard API, because why not.
  • Replaced the IGDB library with a simpler custom fetching library.

January 2022

  • Even though plausible is entirely anonymous and stores no personal information, I've added an opt-out for Plausible tracking to the privacy page.
  • Removed references to my old site, as I've taken it offline

December 2021

  • Added view counts to articles straight from my Plausible stats.
  • Completely replaced Styled Components with Tailwind so I can do things like this.
  • This took ages, and the end result is a site that looks mostly the same.
  • Spotify play button shakes now with high tempo tracks... This is a bug but I kind of like it.

November 2021

  • NextJS 12, and all the other dependencies.
  • Tweaks to some styling.
  • Fixed some issues with the Hearhstone card lists.

October 2021

  • Removed the 'brown' theme option.
  • Custom open graph images for all pages and articles.
  • Other SEO related teaks to metatags.

September 2021

  • Moved from next-mdx-remote to mdx-bundler
  • Removed d2api/date, using Bungie API to get Destiny season dates.
  • Spotify tracks now share an audio player, rather than having a player each.
  • Spotify tracks now bounce along with the music. Sometimes it looks odd.
  • Spotify tracks show the album art and details when playing.
  • Browser theme colour now respects theme choice.
  • Now properly handling the iPhone notch.

August 2021

  • Ported 12 in 12 from my old site, integrating it with IGDB.
  • Refactored several components into a new 'Card' component which I'm now overusing.
  • New Homepage
  • Added a new custom icon system. Check out how I generate my icons from a Figma file
  • Moved theme selection out of the styled-components theme layer and into CSS variables so I can avoid the flash of the default theme.
  • Dynamic favicon based on user theme.

July 2021

  • Better markdown content styling
  • Radix components for toggle groups and collapsible elements.
  • Switched to using Radix Colours instead of a customisable hue, because colour a11y is a hard and I'll let someone else handle it.
  • Added RSS and JSON feeds for articles.
  • Custom Hearthstone decklist components.
  • Ported my Destiny Timer from my old site, and added some Destiny API helpers.

June 2021

  • Updated to Next.js 11.
  • Added some fun Steam API experiements.
  • Added some fun Spotify API fiddling.
  • Better code blocks.
  • A complete rebuild in next.js.
  • I'm currently porting things over from the old Gatsby site.
  • A fully customisable colour scheme. Read more on how I did it.